When it comes to jewelry trends I like to follow the old adage, “keep it simple”. You get the idea. Jewelry trends overwhelm those who don’t feel comfortable being too trendy or adding more than their everyday jewelry. I get it. That’s why I picked three trends that are fairly classic and easy to incorporate into your most basic wardrobe staples. And remember jewelry is for having fun and adding a bit of sparkle, shine and breaking up the norm.
That’s right. They are back! Asymmetrical, oversized or with a tortoiseshell finish you cannot go wrong. The classic gold hoop in a variety of sizes never fails.
- Wear any hoops to dress up a simple sheet dress for a night out.
- Take that button down for the office and throw on the oversized or gold hoops for a break from your studs.
- Stripes and boatneck style tops are a great way to showcase your tortoiseshell hoops.
2. Alphabet Necklaces
If you are a monogram girl *raises hand* then chances are you have an alphabet necklace already. If not, get one or give one! This makes a great gift idea too.
- Oversized letters are in for 2018. Don’t be afraid to break out a bigger version of your first initial.
- Play it safe with this jewelry trend and find a petite version to wear with your cami top, button down, simple t-shirt and v-neck. You can’t mess this one up. Looks great over sweaters too.
3. Choker with XXL Pearls
Ever the classic the pearl gets an update in 2018. Oversized pearls in choker form or short, layered ropes look great for work or any time of day or night. That’s the beauty of pearls and why this jewelry trend makes the list.
- Wear with a collared shirt.
- Great for wrap tops and dresses.
- Dress up jeans with this trend.
Disclosure: TMC was not paid for this post. Opinions are 100% my own. Affiliate links are used for compensation.