What if we told you that you could lose weight by eating?
That would not make a lot of sense right? Usually, it is our eating that creates a problem with our weight later. But I am not talking about eating whatever you can get your hands on. I am talking about eating seven foods that have been considered to have the ability to help you lose that extra weight and get ready for the beginning of summer. Remember, I do not offer you any magic tricks, we simply offer you a way to improve your diet and lose some weight by including the following foods in your everyday diet.
The 7 foods that will help you lose weight
- Cruciferous Vegetables – In the group of cruciferous vegetables, you can find cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. All of them contain a high level of protein and fiber which makes them very fulfilling. Also, cruciferous vegetables have anti-cancer properties that you would want to include in your life. Add the cruciferous vegetables if you want to have the best diet plan.
- Chicken Breast – Meat is a great weight loss food because of the high levels of proteins that are contained in it. According to the latest studies, by increasing your protein intake to 20-30%, you can successfully decrease your cravings for up to 60%. Just remember to bake or broil it or poach your chicken.
- Cheese – Who does not like eating delicious cheese? It comes in many types and sizes, and it is one of the most beloved foods of all time. Plus, it is filled with calcium, which is one of the essential nutrients to maintain our bones strong and healthy. Also, a recent study published in the Obesity Research & Clinical Practice showed that foods which contain high levels of calcium can help in the process of burning fats and so are beneficial in losing that extra weight.
- Nuts – Perfect for a mid-day snack or as an addition to your salad, nuts have a very high nutritional value. And the surprising fact is that although nuts do contain a high level of fats, they do will not increase your weight. Actually, in a study published in the Journal of Nutrition, nuts are mentioned to improve your metabolic health and even cause weight loss. Enjoy trying the variety of nuts to help your body burn those unwanted calories and fats as quickly as possible.
- Salmon – Oily fish and salmon, in particular, are very healthy and very nutritious. Salmon contains a high level of proteins, Omega-3, and other healthy fats as well as a fair amount of iodine. Iodine is a crucial nutrient that makes sure that your thyroid is working correctly, and if you did not know, your thyroid maintains your metabolism healthy.
- Chili Peppers – Maybe you have heard people saying that eating hot, spicy foods help your body burn more calories. Well, they are not entirely wrong. Chili peppers contain a substance known as capsaicin that has been confirmed to reduce not only your appetite but also increase the process of burning fats. Another study published in the Physiology & Behavior Journal investigated the effects of chili peppers among people who did not usually eat spicy food. The results showed that eating 1 gram of chili peppers helped to reduce the appetite and burn more fats and calories.
- Boiled Potatoes – Potatoes are very nutritional because they contain a little bit of everything that our body requires. They contain an extraordinarily high amount of potassium which is a nutrient that has a significant role in maintaining our blood pressure within the normal ranges and which we often fail to intake in the recommended levels. Actually, on the Safety Index, which is a scale that measures how fulfilling all foods are, the boiled potatoes are ranked on the first and highest place. Plus, if you boil your potatoes and let the cool off for a while, they have the ability to create a big amount of resistant starch, which is a fiber-like substance that has been known to have many beneficial effects that include weight loss as well.
Losing weight is not simple. When eager to lose some weight, you must tend to follow the good strategies that include a healthy diet plan and regular exercise. Also, you may include a natural fat burner – I recommend to read through the Phenocal Reviews, which is one of the new efficient natural fat burners. But you can use some tricks as well. For example, you can try to include the 7 foods which have been proven to be the best foods that stimulate the process of burning fats and calories very efficiently. If you read through the article, you will find out why broccoli, nuts, salmon, boiled potatoes and chili peppers among the others, are considered to have a great role in the process of losing weight. So what are you waiting for? Write a shopping list including all of these foods and search for innovative recipes that will show you how to prepare delicious meals using all of these products.
Adonia Dennis (@adoniadennis), by profession a Health, Beauty and Skin Care adviser. She provides solutions related to health and beauty problems. She is an independent researcher who researches for all type of skin related issues. She is a passionate blogger who loves to read latest life style news and share her views on health, fitness and diet. Visit Adonia on Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest.
*This is an unpaid guest post. No compensation was received. Opinions, pictures and links are provided by the guest post writer are 100% their own.