I read this post by my friend, Kim today and now not only are her panties in a bunch but mine are too. I mean seriously, Wal-mart? Get on the wagon and realize you have to pay your bloggers for their work. I’m getting real tired of the whole,”your blog will be promoted through us…” as payback line. We’re doing the work, we are finding your audience or hawking your products, it takes time and research, so pay us. Enough said.
Then I got to thinking about other things that have gotten my undapeeants not just in a bunch but burned.
- When someone writes a check. Be it Target, Smarmy-mart (aka Wal-Mart) or the 7th ring of hell also known as Safeway, I ask you this- Who does that anymore? I’m not saying you need to be swiping your little Visa go card all over the place but check writing reminds me of tissues up an old ladies shirt sleeves, mothballs and velamints.
- Companies that send teensy, tiny samples of body oil, body butter, body scrub- BODY ANYTHING- in jars the size of a nickel or quarter. Ooooh my pinky finger is so moisturized or exfoliated now! Really? I want to give a bad review based solely on that stingy factor.
- Fox News claiming they are fair and balanced. It used to make me laugh really hard not I just narrow my eyes into tiny slits. Sadly, no new is fair and balanced. Except maybe, The Onion.
- When your OB-GYN (or any doctor for that matter) talks so fast you have to replay the last thing she said so many times in your head to understand it that you miss everything else that she spouted out after that. I like more than five minutes of your time, doc. Remind me to never see you again. I’ll stick to the mid-wives from here on out. They at least ooze a slowness that comes only from promoting natural child-birth and not dollar signs.
- When people call me Victa. It happens more than you would imagine.